Your home is full of laughter, tears, family, friends, pets, cookouts, games … life! It’s also full of “stuff,” our most prized possessions, furniture, clothing and material items that need protection. Honey-do lists and everyday maintenance can be a big part of keeping up a home, whether it’s your primary residence or vacation home. And while you do everything you can to keep it in shape, you can’t always predict when disasters will strike. As a homeowner, you want the best possible coverage for the unpredictable events. Should your belongings or your house structure become damaged or destroyed, are you properly covered so that you can rebuild and replace?
Some Questions to Ask:
- How much would it cost to replace my home today?
- Am I protected for inflation?
- Are there any additions or renovations?
- Are my contents covered?
- What if someone gets hurt on my property?
- Does my homeowners policy cover every structure on my property? Don’t forget about detached garages, storage buildings, fences, swimming pools, etc.
- Is my jewelry covered as part of my home contents?
- What happens if there is a hurricane, earthquake or lightning damage?
- Will my homeowners insurance policy cover a flood?
Common Types of Homeowners Insurance Coverages:
- Property Insurance
- Liability Coverage
- Other Structures Coverage
- Inland Marine
- Personal Umbrella